After publishing scientific articles in journals, scientists can find out their Hirsch index in several databases. The index from different sources will be different, because each resource contains a unique database, where the calculation of the citation of scientific articles among the lists of references in which there is a mention of your publication. There are several ways to determine the Hirsch Index.
In order to find out the value of the indicator you need, it is worth doing the following:
1. Visit the Internet resource scopus.com
2. At the top right of the page select the "Search for Authors" button (registration is not required).
3. Enter in the line with the search the necessary surname and first name. It is worth noting that in the Scopus database it is necessary to put dots after the first and middle names.
4. Find the person you want among the authors. Note that a list with the same surnames and initials will be provided. If you know the organization where the author works, you will easily find the profile you need.
Clicking on a scholar's last name will take you to his profile, where the h-index is displayed.
To determine the Hirsch index in this way, follow these instructions:
1. Go to webofknowledge.com. It is worth knowing that the search can be used only by users who have registered in advance.
2. In the search field, write your last name and initials in Latin letters. Note that some letters may be spelled differently, for example "x" is the same as "h" or "kh". To avoid problems with transliteration, use the table on Wikipedia.
3. Click "Search".
Important to know! The database of Web of Science articles will show all authors with the necessary surnames and initials, but you will not be able to go to their profile and find out the figures as on the Scopus articles site.
4. Click above the list of articles, the "create citation report" button. That's when the h-index will be displayed.
If you want to know the h-index with this base, you should:
1. Go to scholar.google.ru.
2. In "search", enter your last name and initials. To create your new profile, simply register using the "My profile" link.
The search will help you find all the works of authors who are registered in the system. Surnames will be displayed with links, by clicking on them you will automatically go to the profiles of the authors. Where the h-index for all time and the last 5 years is located. The site also defines the i10-index, which shows how many of the most popular publications have been cited at least 10 times.
The company "Article Academy" will help you to cite scientific articles in reputable world journals. You will be pleasantly surprised when you see your articles cited by respected colleagues in scientific activities.